Sunday 19 February 2012

B Division - Woodside Pond - Sat 19th February

After Wednesday's Big Blank, I was hoping for a better day in the latest of the B Division Matches at Magiscroft.

Once again, I managed to draw P4 on the Woodside, which I wasn't too happy with, but at least I would be out of the biting North Westerly that was gusting hard.

The match was scheduled to start at 11AM, so after plumbing up 3 separate lines, the all-in is called and we're off!.


Within 30 minutes, I knew it was going to be a tough day - I eventually got my first bite 1.5 hours into the match (6.5 biteless hours of fishing!!!) and land a 4oz carp from the far shelf, which is followed by another 15 minutes later - all this while the snow was falling fast, and the wind had picked up, even on my sheltered peg.


I persisted targeting carp with various flavours of pellet with no further bites - I also tried sweet corn on all 3 lines, but nothing.

So the it was on to targeting silvers, which got me 2 small chub and a solitary 1oz roach.

As the weather had gotten really bad, it was decided to finish the match one hour early at 15:00, and wouldn't you know it, at 14:55, the sun came out. But I was glad to stop early as I was having trouble holding my pole, so cold were my hands.


I weighed in a paltry 15oz - Last in my section and not very happy :-(



Fishing wise, for me January was a feast, February certainly looks like famine!

No comments:

Post a Comment