Wednesday 15 February 2012

The Big Blank

After a relaxing week in the sun, it was back to work on Monday and back to the Island Pond today. With a forecast of 10 degrees and a medium wind, I was looking forward to getting back to fishing.

There were 13 of us today and I drew peg 25, which I was quickly informed, had produced no fish during Sunday's match - this sounds good to me as expect that the fish once again will be on the move.

Today I have my usual Oxo and fish sauce pellets with a new addition of cinnamon in 4 and 6mm sizes.

The all-in is called at 10:30 but after 2 hours with no sign of a bite, I'm beginning to wonder what to try next....

I even resorted to trying to catch small roach, but the all-out is called at 15:30 and it's a big blank. On my side of the pond only 1 angler catches anyting - 5 of us blank.

A blank is a match where no fish are landed - a big blank is a match were no bites are registered - thankfully quite un-common so far!


Congrats go to Douglas Phillips who takes an easy win with 10lbs +

Full results can be found here.

So not much more to say except that it was a pleasant day to be outside and you can't win them all :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment