Wednesday 29 February 2012

Wednesday Feb 26th - Top Pond @ Magiscroft

There were only nine of us for today's match, which took place in 10 degrees, but with a biting north westerly that mad the fishing tough for everyone. I drew peg 18 which I had never fished before, but knew it was in the shallow section, and at this time of year, that's not good!

On Sunday I managed 13 carp for 30lbs - today I had 16 carp and 2 roach for 4lbs - 10oz :-) You can only catch what's there, and even that was tough - I started on the far shelf in around 2 feet of water and had 2 'micro' carp in the first 30 minutes. I then tried the bottom of the shelf which was still less than 3 feet deep, but nothing doing. As usual I was keeping a lookout for any signs of fish moving, and I spotted a swirl in the margin to my left - I caught all my remaining carp from there, but they were all pretty small, with a couple of even smaller roach, all taken on 4 or 6mm pellet! So a frustrating day, but I still picked up a couple of new ideas, that I will try out in Saturday's B division match :-)

The match was won by the old fox, John Perella, with Davy Smith second and Douglas Phillips third.


Full results can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment