Wednesday 14 March 2012

Magiscroft AC Vs Orchill AC - FIrst Leg - Sunday 11th@Magiscroft

This was my first club match since 1975!, and I was really 'up for it'

I wasn't that bothered about which pond I would draw, but if pushed, I'd have preferred the Island, and that's what I got - although P28 is considered by many to be the worst peg on the pond :-(

The pond on P28 is a full 16M wide, and with the seemingly obligatory gusty wind, it was going to be a tough day.

I spent the first 15 minutes on the far shelf looking for fish, and managed to hook into what I think was a foul hooked F1, which got off when still 7M out.

I then managed 2 F1's in quick succession at around the hour mark, but after another 30 bite-less minutes, I decided to try my favourite bottom of the shelf line. Almost immediately, I get a positive bite, which gets me a 6oz 'stockie' carp, but then nothing - for 30 mins. I spent the next hour alternating between the far side and the bottom of the shelf, but nothing....

So, as this is a team even, I decided to target roach, and start feeding a swim at 2M with loose maggots. This got me another 2-3lbs of small-ish roach which means I end up with 6lbs - 4oz and 18 points for the team.

Not a great weight, but on a day that was hard for some and easy for others, a reasonable result.




No comments:

Post a Comment