Wednesday 14 March 2012

Sat 10th March - Junior Winter League - Top Pond@Magiscroft

I was supposed to be working on Saturday, so Mrs J, had booked herself a day in Edinburgh. As seems to be the norm these days, the work was cancelled on Friday PM, so I just went fishing instead, as a guest in the Junior Winter Match.

The guests were assigned pegs 16, 18, 1 and 3, and I draw 18 (which I fished a week ago).

My thoughts were firmly on Sunday's match against Orchill, so I tried some new pellet flavours, which seemed to work, getting me plenty of fish for 11lbs - 3oz on a day when only Peter Dick weighed in more.

A one point, I thought I'd snagged a tree root (or similar) but as I applied some pressure, the 'tree' suddenly woke up and shot off to my left - I spent 20 minutes trying to get the fish under control, but whatever it was, the hook pulled free and I didn't even get to see what it was :-(

Full Results can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment