Friday 30 March 2012

Wednesday 28th March - Island Pond@Magiscroft

After two disappointing matches, I approached the Wednesday event, which also happened to be my birthday, with a sense of optimism, which was quickly replaced with ' not again'.


With the warm weather this week, the shallow end of the Island pond was packed with cruising carp and I managed to draw P24, which is towards the deeper end:-(


I had decided to try fishing with hard pellet in this match to avoid the small roach that had been pestering me for the last few matches. I did give it a try on Sunday, but reckoned it deserved another chance.


The match wasn't a total disaster, with 12lb - 6oz, but John P and Derek, who drew the 2 shallowest pegs, had 52lb and 48lb respectively. I took solace from the fact that on our side , the weights were way below those on the other side and the afore mentioned shallow end.



Full results can be found here.



Once again I decided to fish on and finally at around 19:00, managed to find the fish, and landed 8 F1's between 3 and 4lbs - which was great fun, but at the same time frustrating.


So for the first time in ages, 3 poor results in a row - let's hope the B division match on Saturday is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment