Wednesday 14 March 2012

Wednesday Open 7th March - Woodside Pond - Magiscroft

As we are now into March, I hadn't even considered that the weather could still cause problems - how wrong was I!

With Sunday 11th bringing Magiscroft AC Vs Orchill Central AC(teams of 21 anglers), I was keen to draw a decent peg on the Woodside Pond, but once again I managed to draw Peg 3, in my opinion, the worst Peg on the pond.

Still, given that Sunday's match would have 18 anglers on the Woodside and 24 on the Island, it was a good chance to see if the Woodside was fishing well.

The match had barely started when it started to hail, which quickly turned to snow. Prior to and during the snow I landed 4 small carp, but with the sudden arrival of a load of ice cold water, the carp disappeared. Over the next 4.5 hours, I only managed 4 more bites which all resulted in a small carp, giving me 3lbs - 8oz - A poor day, but another lesson learned.


I've been a bit lax in posting, as I'm currently on a job hunt........


No comments:

Post a Comment